Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Polar Bears, Weddings and Gardens!

Last weekend turned out to be quite a fun-fulled weekend! Nat and Andre's wedding was on Sunday, and Clinton was a groomsman so we had to travel down for the practise on Friday.

Seeing we have a QLD pass to Seaworld we thought we'd drop by on the way. The Polar Bears are our favourite as is the Dolphin Show. It always amazes me just how willing the Dolphins are. Last time we went we watched the show twice. I love the Dolphins!!

Jumping High!
Swimming backwards!
Surfing on a Dolphin!




But the Polar Bears, well... they are just soo amazing! This guy had to be coaxed out, and also coaxed into the water but then he seemed to enjoy it. The underwater viewing was amazing.

Why should I wake up?Going for a dip!
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!


The other amazing part was being able to touch a stingray! They had a touch tank! I touched quite a few, and also a sovel-nose shark too! Clinton had to be talked into it, and freaked himself out! I loved the weird feel of it!

Shovel nose shark!
Trying to reach a stingray to pat.Clinton's friend.




Sunday was the grand-event! I forgot my camera, and ended up being in charge of the video camera! Was a truly beautiful wedding down at the Gold Coast. Here is a picture that I have "stolen" from Imogen!




After the huge weekend, we came back to work on our garden. We've been having lots of problems with crows eating everything, so we had to crow-proof the garden, as well as give it some shade. Here's the results of today:



We've got corn, silver beet and lettuce so far, as well as a few tomatoes that are coming up. Our herbs are doing really well too!


Here are my Carrots!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Nice veggies!! You've inspired me :)